Last Updated: September 26 2018
Information We Collect
How we collect and store information depends on the Services you use and the activities in which you participate. You can use some of the Site and Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
Visitors who access and browse the Site without registering are “Site Visitors.” In order to utilize some of the Services offered by Honest care, you must register with Honest care . All users who register with Honest care are “Registered Users.”
Information you provide
Regardless of whether you are a Site Visitor or a Registered User, all information that you provide to us when registering, posting a job, posting a profile, communicating through the Site, discussing care options over the phone, utilizing our mobile applications or that you otherwise provide on the Site or by phone, email, postal mail or otherwise, will be stored by us. You represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to provide us all information you provide about yourself or others. You may provide us with information in various ways, including:
When you register directly through Honest care, we will collect and store the information that you provide to us on our online registration forms. This may include, among other information, your:
- first and last name
- email address
- home address
- phone number
Some users may have the opportunity to register with Honest care by connecting through Facebook’s application programming interface (API). Please see Section I.B.4 below to learn about the information we access, collect and store if you register with Care.com through Facebook.
If you register for a Service that requires you to pay a fee, Honest care will also collect your payment method details, such as account number, expiration date, and security code, as well as your billing address, for payment purposes and your birthday, if not previously provided.
When posting a job
If you are a Care Seeker, we collect and store all of the additional information that you provide to us on your job posting or that is otherwise included in an auto-generated job posting. This may include, among other information:
- the type of care you are looking for, your schedule, location, hourly rate, number and ages of children, family members, or pets (if applicable), narrative job description, requirements for a Care Provider (such as ability to drive)
- pictures you choose to provide
- health information, if you choose to provide it
- any other information you choose to include in your job posting
When posting a profile
If you are a Care giver, we collect and store all of the additional information that you provide to us in your profile. This may include, among other information:
- details on the care you offer, including for example the type of care you provide, your availability, your location, your level of education, languages you speak, your ability to drive
- related services you provide
- pictures you choose to post
- your phone numbers
- references, if you choose to provide them
- any other information you choose to include in your profile
By Site Visitors, Registered Users and others
Honest care also captures and collects information that Site Visitors, Registered Users and others provide about one another. For example, Care Providers may invite Site Visitors, Registered Users or others to rate and indicate their relationship to the Care Provider on the Site. Additionally, certain Registered Users may post reviews about individual Care Providers. Honest care may also obtain and post audio recordings of Care Provider references, which may also be accessed from the Site. In addition, certain Registered Users may communicate directly with one another through Care.com platforms. Site Visitors, Registered Users and others also may provide us information about Registered Users by phone, email or postal mail. Care.com captures and stores all information it receives from Site Visitors, Registered Users and others about other Registered Users and Site Visitors
By Facebook if you connect to Care.com through Facebook
- your name
- your profile picture
- your email address
- your gender
- your birthday
- your location (i.e. city)
- the names and pictures of your Facebook friends
- your interests and affinity networks
- other information you make publicly available via Facebook
How We Use Information
In general, the information we collect is used (1) to improve our Services and enhance your experience with Care.com, (2) to enable us to provide a safer community for all of our Registered Users, and (3) to help us communicate with you. For example, we may use your information to:
- register and service your account;
- include in Care Seeker job postings and Care Provider profiles;
- contact you in response to questions and solicit feedback and input from you;
- notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers, or other information that we believe will be of interest to you via email, SMS messages, or other media or networks;
- administer sweepstakes and contests;
- enable Care Seekers and Care Providers to search based on the information the other has made available on the Site, and the information others have provided about them;
- connect Care Seekers with Care Providers that appear to meet their needs and preferences;
- enable Registered Users to search for, find, interact, connect and share information with other Registered Users they may have an interest in interacting with;
- enable Registered Users who connect to Honest care through Facebook to see which of their Facebook friends who have connected to Honest care through Facebook are Registered Users or friends with other Registered Users who have connected to Honest care through Facebook;
- perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and usage patterns, including to improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- otherwise help protect the safety and integrity of the Site and Honest care users; and
- personalize promotional messages or content on the Site, via email or other ads on Care.com or third party sites.
How We Share Information
In addition to using the information collected by Honest care for the purposes described above, we may also share your information with various third parties, as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely. By using our Site or our Services, you agree to allow us to share the information you provide to us in the ways described below. Your ability to make changes to what information is shared is described below in Section IV.
With All Site Visitors and Registered Users
If you are a Care Seeker or a Care Provider, in order to increase your chances of finding a job or finding the care you need, we share with Site Visitors and Registered Users the information that is included in your job posting or profile, aside from your contact information, as well as the following registration information, which we may include in your job posting or profile: your first name, first initial of your last name, city, state, profile picture, and if you are a Care Provider, your gender and, unless you opt-out, your age. With certain exceptions, you choose how much detail you want to include in either your job posting or your profile. We may also share on your profile or job posting any company reviews you have posted on our Site, whether you have connected to Honest care through Facebook, and any connections you have with other Honest care members, including the nature of those connections. If you are a Care Provider and have elected to verify certain information with Honest care or to have a background check performed, we may also disclose that information in your profile as a Registered User in addition to your response rate and any payment or payroll preferences you have indicated.
If you post information in a Honest care online group forum, such as the Working Moms Group, that information may be viewed by any Site Visitor or Registered User who accesses the forum.
We may display personal testimonials of Registered Users and other endorsements on our Site or in other marketing materials. These testimonials or endorsements may include information such as the Registered User’s first name, first initial of last name, town and state. With a Registered User’s consent, we may include their full name.
With other Registered Users and corporate providers
In addition to the information that is provided to all Registered Users and Site Visitors, Care Provider reviews and references are made available to certain Registered Users. If you are a Care Provider, your phone number may be visible to certain Registered Users if you elect to share it in your profile. In addition, your approximate residential location (through Google map plotting) is made available to certain Registered Users and Site Visitors unless you elect to keep that information confidential.
If you are a Care Seeker or a Care Provider, you will appear in search result listings if you match the search criteria used by a Care Provider or Care Seeker, as applicable. Similarly, you may appear in emails sent to Care Providers or Care Seekers in your area. Care Seekers may opt-out of being included in Care Provider search results and in certain emails sent to Care Providers. In addition, if you are a Care Seeker and you view the profile of certain Care Providers, those Care Providers will be able to see that you have viewed their profiles unless you opt-out of that information sharing.
If you are a Registered User, your Honest care online status may be made available to other Registered Users unless you elect to keep that information confidential.
If you connect to Honest care through Facebook, we may allow any of your Facebook friends who have connected to Honest care through Facebook to see that you are a Registered User. In addition, other Registered Users who have connected to Honest care through Facebook will be able to see if you are friends with any of their Facebook friends or if you share certain affinities or interests with them.
If you fill out a form to request information from a specific corporate Care Provider, such as a specific day care or tutoring center, the contact information you submit on a form for the provider will be forwarded to that provider. Similarly, if you call a corporate Care Provider directly or click to a corporate Care Provider’s site from the Honest care site, any information you provide over the phone or on the provider’s site will be provided by you directly to the provider.
If we terminate your registration for any reason, we reserve the right to send a notice of your termination to other Registered Users with whom we believe you have corresponded